Windows 7 activation

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
IceMan09

Windows 7 activation

Post by IceMan09 »

- Mount / Burn
- Set your bios clock back to 02 December 2007
- Install without a key
- To get rid of WPA extract msbp-6519win7-crack.rar:
http://rapidshare.com/files/121691396/m ... r.rar.html

Click Start -> Run and Type services
Go to Services->Software Licensing and choose "Disabled" as Startup method
Reboot your computer, when rebooted, go to
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
and delete the tokens.dot file there, replacing it with the one from this package.
Yet again, go to Services->Software Licensing and choose "Automatic" as Startup method.

Run the vistaactivation.exe file (as included), activate your computer as if it was running Vista Ultimate. (Should any errors occur, just neglect them.) Restart your computer. After reboot, it will now ask for a cd-key, use the following one:
6F2D7-2PCG6-YQQTB-FWK9V-932CC - wait a few minutes it for it to activate! Now you've got a activated Windows 7 version.

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

That thingy is just lulz. you can use any vista crack for 7....

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Yeh. Cracking the activation is nothing special.

However, Someone really needs to fix that 2 hour timebomb

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

yea two hours seems pretty bad, but what exactly happens every two hours ?

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

hypr wrote:yea two hours seems pretty bad, but what exactly happens every two hours ?
You get a BSOD and have to reboot. Nothing more. Its there to inconvenience you from using it.

sevan

Post by sevan »

A precaution much.. Maybe it's just intentional.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sevan wrote:A precaution much.. Maybe it's just intentional.
Of course its intentional. Microsoft put it there deliberately to stop you using the OS as a main OS. Its a whole new low...

Carl

Post by Carl »

Isn't it something like that when you give in a right (beta) key it disables the BSOD thing? Cause if this is a build for 'key partners' how do they have to test their software if it can only run for 2 hours?

Hopefully theres gonna be a workaround soon...

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Well. I guess the idea is key partners would have a new build by the time it expires (the 2hr BSOD is only after the expiration date, which was some 4.5 months after the build date).

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

So, this means that if I change the BIOS date every month then I'll never get the two hour BSOD?

sevan

Post by sevan »

Yes.

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

Well, if that's true, then I'd like to know sthg. Is it possible to use it as a main OS?
I'm downloading right now, but, I'd love to know if it's stable, and so on....
Thanks!!
BTW, when ws it leaked?
3 days ago wasn't there yet, was it?

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

It is stable. It's about Vista SP1 level of stability and performance.

It was leaked on the 10th June. So 2 days ago.

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

hounsell wrote:It is stable. It's about Vista SP1 level of stability and performance.

Just one more question
Is it possible to keep file-dates correctly while keeping an Old BIOS date?

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

hounsell wrote:It is stable. It's about Vista SP1 level of stability and performance.

.....wait, but wasn't SP1 leaked Feburary of this year? Build 6519 of Win 7 is from Decemeber last year...I assume the hotfixes up to this date are the reason for the SP1 stability?
Laptop: Precision M6300 2.4GHz Core 2 T8300 / 4GB RAM / 320GB HD / ATI Quadro FX 3600m
Server: PowerEdge 1950 (Gen III) (x1) 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 / 24GB FB-DDR2 / 1.5tb 7.2k SAS RAID 0
Desktop: Precision T5500 2.66GHz Xeon X5650 / 24GB DDR3 ECC / 2x 300GB Seagate 15k7

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Well, the 7 Build had the SP1 fixes up to that point (which included the performance and stability fixes which I believe were released in Beta form before the first betas of SP1 anyway)

@Chicago, I'd guess not.

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

I'll test i to on a VPC, and, if I like it I'll use it on my main pc, with that limitation of the BIOS.
It looks very Vista-ish so I guess I'll have NP with it yet.

Thks to whoever leaked it!!!

KCLiVES
Donator

Post by KCLiVES »

How do you set the BIOS date in a VM machine?

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

In VMWare 5.5/6 Press: F2 when you see the bar filling (with VMWare logo above)

IN VPC 2004/2007 Press: DEL (Delete key) directly after opening the VM.
(Like when the window is just opened and on the BIOS screen (detecting devices).

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

The best way to crack that timebomb would be to make Windows think that it's a different time without the system clock ever changing. I'm not sure whether someone has done it or not but no doubt someone will come up with something.
KCLiVES wrote:How do you set the BIOS date in a VM machine?
A tutorial for this has been posted in BetaArchive already.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

The two-hour timebomb is certainly annoying, lets hope that with the amount of people getting this build now someone will come up with a fix.
mdogg wrote:The best way to crack that timebomb would be to make Windows think that it's a different time without the system clock ever changing. I'm not sure whether someone has done it or not but no doubt someone will come up with something.
That sounds like it should work...
-Jeff

OG

Post by OG »

This crack method doesnt work for me, there is a script error when running the activation software with both the beta's slmgr.vbs and one from a retail copy of Vista. Also, there is no Software Licensing service, Its the Software Protection service, and the correct path for tokens.dat is C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform. If anyone knows of a proven working method, share the wealth.

davehc

Post by davehc »

I found the same as OG with respect to the Paths to the DAT file and the services. But once I had worked that out (it needed a reinstall as I had screwed up) I found the instructions did work. Another difference I found was that I needed to set up the Global Administrator account and log in with that in order to delete the original Token.dat file.
FWIW. There is a sub folder under the path given, with another Token dat file in it. I replaced them both. Maybe the problem, or perhaps the sub-folder was created as a result of my setting up the Administrative account?

Fusion
Donator

Post by Fusion »

i have cracked the timebomb. Well most if it, if there are people willing to hose their windows seven install PM me so I can work on it more.

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

What do you mean with...
Fusion wrote:Well most if it,
?