Read before posting a request

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
empireum
Donator

Read before posting a request

Post by empireum »

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area.

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.

2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only BETAS (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be requested or offered on the forum. Titles of any age may however be uploaded to the FTP without a forum offer.

3. Check that we don't already have the release on our FTP servers before posting a request. Review our database, do not request items already present in our archives.

4. Tag your request titles with [REQUEST] and offers with [OFFER]. Be sure to specify what platform the request or offer is for if needed.

Thanks
Staff

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Updated with no #4.

motherboardlove
Donator

Re: Read before posting a request

Post by motherboardlove »

empireum wrote:Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area.

3. If you have an own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
Is this a rule or just optional?

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

I suppose you can post your server whereever you want, but I wouldn't advise it...
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yes, it's optional, that's why I worded it "please don't post ..." i.e. as a request, not as a rule. You are of course free to post your server's details wherever you want but if it gets hammered, abused, hacked or whatever you'll have to deal with that.

troopdesigns

Post by troopdesigns »

Can we request game betas?

There is no hate, only joy
For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

Loveless Act III from Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core

linuxlove
Donator

Post by linuxlove »

troopdesigns wrote:Can we request game betas?
Of course.
Goodbye.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Updated with #5.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

Yuyu

Post by Yuyu »

Hi! There are three things I want to know concerning offers:

1. Which compression-formats are allowed/preffered (zip, rar, 7z, sitx,...)? Are there any unwanted file-formats?

2. Which platforms are of interest for BA-users? There are (actually "were") so much more computer-platforms/OSes than just Windows, MacOS X, and Linux? Are there any unwanted or preffered platforms?

3. What about image-formats of floppy-/CDROM-images?

Thanks in advance.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

1: zip, rar, 7z works fine. To be on the safe side you can also use rar with a 5-10% recovery set, or provide a par2-set with the zip or 7z in case your upload gets corrupted. For Mac stuff binhex files works, as well as sit files.
2: All platforms except for open source stuff (mostly Linux stuff) are fine, but and at the moment no console stuff (Nintendo, Sega etc) for the abandonware. Beta console stuff is fine however.
3: For floppies basically all formats are fine as I can convert them, but raw images created with raread, winimage etc is preferred. If it's on a non-PC platform then it varies of course depending on the platform. For CD/DVD's etc .ISO or BIN/CUE is fine, DMG and Toast works for Mac stuff. Same here, I can basically convert most formats, ask me if you are unsure about a file you want to submit.
Offtopic Comment
CaptainPeanut, seriously, if you can't answer properly then please don't answer at all, your reply was so bad I had to delete it.

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

Is asking for serial codes okay?

For some of the Office that requires one, the serials.txt is missing, and I can't find it on the web.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

No, you may not ask for serials unless it's for a beta version. When it comes to abandonware you're on your own finding a serial.

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

Okay, thanks.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

MCpillager12

Post by MCpillager12 »

Can you update no #4? There is now a database and any users w/o FTp access can use it.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Revised the entire post to fit current standards.

ZeroCool32

Post by ZeroCool32 »

empireum wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:08 am
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area.

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.

2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only BETAS (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be requested or offered on the forum. Titles of any age may however be uploaded to the FTP without a forum offer.

3. Check that we don't already have the release on our FTP servers before posting a request. Review our database, do not request items already present in our archives.

4. Tag your request titles with [REQUEST] and offers with [OFFER]. Be sure to specify what platform the request or offer is for if needed.

Thanks
Staff
I have a question:
Why not someone under 10 posts may not post a request? Is there a specific reason behind this?
Last edited by ZeroCool32 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It's to prevent hit and run spammers.